Step-Down Converter in 3×3 QFN Package
The TPS6213X family is an easy to use synchronous step down DC-DC converter optimized for applications with high power density. A high switching frequency of typically 2.5MHz allows the use of small inductors and provides fast transient response as well as high output voltage accuracy by utilization of the DCS-Control™ topology.
With its wide operating input voltage range of 3V to 17V, the devices are ideally suited for systems powered from either a Li-Ion or other batteries as well as from 12V intermediate power rails. It supports up to 3A continuous output current at output voltages between 0.9V and 6V (with 100% duty cycle mode).
The output voltage startup ramp is controlled by the soft-start pin, which allows operation as either a standalone power supply or in tracking configurations.
- Standard 12V Rail Supplies
- POL Supply from Single or Multiple Li-Ion Battery
- Solid-State Disk Drives
- Embedded Systems
- LDO replacement
- Mobile PC’s, Tablet, Modems, Cameras
- DCS-ControlTM Topology
- Input Voltage Range: 3 to 17V
- Up to 3A Output Current
- Adjustable Output Voltage from 0.9 to 6V
- Pin-Selectable Output Voltage (nominal, + 5%)
- Programmable Soft Start and Tracking
- Seamless Power Save Mode Transition
- Quiescent Current of 17µA (typ.)
- Selectable Operating Frequency
- Power Good Output
- 100% Duty Cycle Mode
- Short Circuit Protection
- Over Temperature Protection
- Available in a 3 × 3 mm, QFN-16 Package